Are you looking for a job that involves design, creativity and a continuous learning environment? Are you seeking an opportunity that allows you to make a meaningful contribution and affect positive change? Are you looking to join an ambitious and energetic Marketing & Communications team? Are you eager to live our i-CARE values and prepared to add to our story?
If this sounds intriguing, we want to hear from you. We are looking for a full-time permanent Content Marketing Strategist at Public Services Health & Safety Association (PSHSA). As this is a new role, you will be able to shape and build the position.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Communication, the Content Marketing Strategist is responsible for developing and managing PSHSA’s content marketing strategy. Developing a deep understanding of our customers and how they interact with various channels and technology, the candidate will execute all content, social and email initiatives to drive awareness of the PSHSA brand, activate, nurture and grow our customer base and keep clients engaged across all platforms.
Combining a growth mindset and a laser focus on our customers, this role is right for you if you are a skilled and creative content strategist and a natural storyteller. PSHSA has an important story to tell, and this role will be fundamental in shaping it.
Content Strategy and Development
- Support the development and management of PSHSA’s content strategy, including content development to ensure various outputs are harmonized and convey a consistent and cohesive overarching, core narrative.
- Quickly become a subject matter expert on PSHSA’s digital channels, including website, email and social media.
- Informed by data and customer relationship management best practices, develop and execute plans for content related initiatives (e.g. social, web, email, video).
- Create original and compelling content, including visuals and copy for campaigns, social media, websites and editorial, as a tool to motivate people to complete specific actions across the customer journey.
- Write and edit content as required, including news releases, emails, ad copy, editorial articles, website, products, social, internal communications, proposals, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners on content development and other marketing collateral.
- Manage and execute email marketing strategy and calendar.
- Manage social channels and lead engaging community management in line with content strategy and marketing goals.
- Oversees and enforces the development, maintenance and review of PSHSA brand standards for print and online.
- Create and manage a prioritized calendar of copy requests and new content and creative production initiatives across all channels.
- Create and maintain a messaging playbook that establishes principles for PSHSA’s brand voice, and how to effectively apply the voice to different types of content.
- As required, support the marketing team with the development and curation of content on various ongoing projects as they relate to brand strategy development, acquisition or retention initiatives, public relations, campaigns, etc.
Customer Focus and Creative Thinking
- Develop a deep empathy for and understanding of customers.
- Stay current on market demand, insights and data.
- Engage in regular traditional and news media monitoring, social listening and comment moderation.
- Identify new content marketing and communications opportunities by working with field consultants, product development and other internal teams.
- Stay current on digital marketing trends and technologies and present new, creative ideas and ways of thinking about connecting with our customers and achieving marketing and overall business objectives.
Measuring, Reporting and Optimizing Performance
- Measure and report on website and social performance.
- Work closely with manager to identify tactics to build and grow email subscribers and social followers via campaigns, contesting, events and other channels.
- Engage in data segmentation efforts.
- Analyze customer data to identify targeting, acquisition, up-selling, cross-selling and loyalty/retention opportunities via digital marketing and communications channels.
- Support team in defining campaign measurement and reporting metrics.
- Support team to implement process and new ways of working with stakeholders to improve internal engagement and collaboration.
- Work closely with manager to keep key stakeholders updated of all marketing activity.
Skills, requirements and traits:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or related. Post-graduate certificate in Marketing, Design, Media or related is considered an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in content creation, digital marketing, community management, website management, email marketing and/or graphic design.
- Background in writing, editing and multimedia production across a variety of digital and traditional channels.
- Outstanding writing skills. You've been published in a major publication, or can share examples of compelling and engaging copy.
- Experience with website development and content management systems, such as Apostrophe.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with Constant Contact, Meltwater, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics and/or similar platforms and services.
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent communication and organization skills.
- Proven experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Growth mindset and a passion for learning.
- You welcome ad hoc work and projects. You jump in where there are skill gaps within our team.
- Experience with photography and videography is considered an asset.
Communication, Storytelling, Strategic Thinking, Inbound and Agile Mindset, Graphical Thinking, Project management, Digital/Social Media Savvy, Analytics and Research Skills.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Content Marketing Strategist” in the subject line by February 16, 2020.