PSHSA is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Labour and works with Ontario’s Public and Broader Public Sector employers and workers, providing training, consulting and resources to reduce workplace risks and prevent occupational injuries and illnesses. PSHSA achieves inspiring results in occupational health and safety by identifying, reducing workplace hazards and risks to prevent workplace injuries, illness and disease for more than 1.7 million workers in over 10,000 organizations across Ontario.
At PSHSA, we believe that learning should be accessible, engaging and impactful. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and intellectual tools that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. What are the ingredients to our success? Our strong and forward-thinking leadership team, our sector-leading products, and our culture that fosters our I-CARE values: Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Integrity and Excellence. But most importantly – our extraordinary, talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people.
Are you seeking for a great opportunity to work for an organization that is dedicated to bringing every worker home safe and healthy? Are you looking to join ambitious and energetic team that delivers sustainable and impactful health and safety solutions based on evidence and informed by leading practices to affect positive change? Are you impressed with and eager to live our i-CARE values and are ready to add to the story?
If this sounds intriguing we are looking for you to join us in the full-time permanent role of Sales Lead Specialist (Digital Products) at Public Services Health & Safety Association (PSHSA).
Reporting to the Director, Emerging Markets & Commercialization, the Sales Lead Specialist (Digital Products) is responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new client and sales leads to support the organizations growth strategy specific related to technology based solutions, specifically our eLearning programs, licensing and design and build capabilities.
This is an exciting new role for a highly motivated self-starter able to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including inbound marketing leads, prospect lists, discovery and individual research, as well as will pro-actively identify and seek out new clients that will ultimately generate increased revenue and translate into safer, healthier workplaces, contributing to the realization of our mandate.
As a lead generator, the Sales Lead Specialist (Digital Products) will have the drive to reach decision makers to accurately qualify leads. The role requires a strong understanding of customer needs and business goals; communicating how PSHSA Health & Safety solutions can enable our clients to meet their business objectives.
- Identify client touchpoints that can be leveraged for lead generation activities.
- Applies sincere focus on client success with an outgoing personality, knowledge of eLearning and digital products and strong prospecting skills.
- Manage assigned lead generation activities, providing regular status updates and dashboard related information.
- Comfortably engages across diverse business sectors including health and community care, education, municipal, public safety and non-profits working as part of a fast-paced entrepreneurial team.
- Support tradeshows and events and actively follow-up on the leads generated through our participation.
- Performs all initial aspects of the sales cycle, identifies, qualifies, communicates, and collaborates with outreach team and new clients to help close business.
- Work to understand prospects pain points to determine how PSHSA solutions will speak to those needs.
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the new client acquisition process.
- Develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet revenue goals and assist in analyzing client acquisition data and preparing sales pipeline reports and dashboards.
- Provide market intelligence, client digital or technology based needs, Health & Safety trends, and insight and support to help inform the plans of marketing, multi-channel delivery, emerging markets, client acquisition and client outreach team members.
- Leverage current client touch points actively promote PSHSA digital services, gain referrals with results of growth in new client base.
- Review and analyze current market penetration and identify opportunities and strategies to target & engage adjacent markets and stakeholder groups.
- Leverage organizational expertise on multi-channel delivery and emerging markets to facilitate lead generation opportunities.
- Follow-up on leads and actively qualify leads with referrals to appropriate relationship managers.
- Through lead generation activities achieve assigned qualified lead targets as well referrals to client outreach team member’s metrics.
- Use qualifying lead techniques such as gauging the clients comfort level with their current provider/vendor and inquiring about timing, introducing organizational expertise when relevant.
- Plan, schedule and initiate lead generating project timelines and milestones focused on digital solutions; track project milestones and deliverables.
- Engage in issues management, including identifying potential and new issues, engaging partners, documentation, and ensuring quick resolution.
- Completion of post-secondary education.
- Minimum of five (5) years of proven sales/account management experience in a business-to-business environment.
- Working experience and knowledge of the Public Services and Not for Profit Sectors.
- Previous business development or client outreach experience related to Health & Safety considered an asset.
- Operational or business management experience.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective and comprehensive reports and presentations for various audiences.
- Strong computer skills, including the MS Office suite; aptitude for learning new software.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation is an asset.
- Can-do attitude - must be proactive and solution-oriented, looking for ways to add value and assist the team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to tight deadlines.
- Bold, innovative and enjoy challenging yourself.
- Big picture thinker, go-getter, self-starter, problem solver.