Client Handling and associated Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD) can be a significant hazard in community and healthcare organizations, and have a direct impact on both worker safety and the quality of client/resident/patient care. This webinar will provide the basics for those responsible or new to the development, enhancement and implementation of a client handling program.
The focus of the webinar is to:
• Outline 5 key steps to client handling program development and enhancement
• Describe concepts of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) Internal Responsibility System (IRS) as they relate to client handling and MSD prevention
• Define key client handling definitions
• Highlight leading practices and intervention strategies
• Provide an overview of PSHSA Handle with Care Tools and outline how the tools can help organizations implement and/or enhance their new or existing programs.
• Provide Tips on program development and enhancement Action Planning