Bringing Big Ideas to Market
Your research project has concluded with encouraging findings and promising ideas. Now what?
By combining research expertise with entrepreneurial principles, product development and marketing expertise, we have been successful in taking health and safety research to market, driving reach and generating revenue that can be reinvested in research and prevention efforts. Learn more about our Social Entrepreneurial Commercialization Model.
We help researchers build engaging, proactive learning strategies and solutions that enhance skills, competency, knowledge application, strategies and processes. Learn more about developing curriculum that engages learners.
How We Support Researchers & Research Projects
- Create and facilitate connections to the market and the sectors we serve
- Identify funding opportunities and support funding applications
- Support and engage in knowledge transfer
- Provide product development expertise
- Marketing support
- Commercialization expertise
Interested in learning how PSHSA can support your research initiatives? Contact Jackie Sam at email@example.com and Maryam Kham at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your project and find out how we can help.
antineoplastic drug training module
Antineoplastic Drug Training Module
Outcome: PSHSA developed 5 free eLearning programs which help workers recognize when they may be exposed to antineoplastic drugs, the health effects of being exposed, how to protect themselves and coworkers, as well as identify PPE that can reduce exposure.
ready for duty
Ready for Duty! Building a Framework to Improve Paramedic Candidates’ Physical Readiness for Work
The University of Waterloo and Wilfred Laurier University (2018)
Outcome: Development, delivery in web-based, and as scorm compliant license
- 6 – 15 minute eLearning modules which provide an introduction to the program and five elements including nutrition, recovery, movement, mindset and performance delivered as web-based and scorm compliant license versions.
- Thirty videos that demonstrate proper movement technics to enhance performance and movement.
- An App (iOS and Android) built based on standardized fitness app templates that can be utilized in the gym by a paramedic as a mobile exercise program. The app will include 30 seconds of video for each exercise that explains how to the exercises properly acting as a virtual personal trainer.
Beyond Silence: Workplace Mental Health Training Program for Small Under-resourced Healthcare Organizations
McMaster University (2018)
Outcome: PSHSA is helping with the processes related to expanding delivery of the training program which included the development of marketing materials, establishing a web presence for the program (beyondsilence.ca also in progress), training registration processes and establishing processes to engage, train and supply peer educators training materials with consistent and high-quality production.
evaluation jhsc tools
An evidence-based evaluation & discussion tool for Ontario hospital JHSCs
University of Toronto, Centre for Research Expertise in Occupational Disease, St. Michaels Hospital (2017)
Outcome: PSHSA developed an electronic Joint Health and Safety Committee Assessment Tool which helps JHSC members evaluate the effectiveness of their committee.
bioaerosols in the hc setting elearning web image
High Engagement Learning: eOffice Ergo eLearning
Institute for Work and Health (2013)
The initial research evaluated the effectiveness of classroom training and eLearning versions of an office ergonomics training program. The two versions were found to be effective in transferring knowledge.
Outcome: PSHSA developed the eLearning module, which has been completed by over 6,500 participants and is provided to the market in three ways:
- a free web-based version from PSHSA, IWH or Other OHS System Partner Websites;
- a SCORM-compliant version that offers tracking functionality from PSHSA; and
- a SCORM-compliant version to download for use in an organization’s own learning management system (LMS).