General eLearning FAQ’s:
Q: What happens after I register for an online course?
- After your registration has been processed, you will receive an email with a link to login and take your course. If this is the first time that you’ve purchased one of our eLearning courses, you will be asked to create a password before accessing your course.
- Please check your junk email if you do not receive the email within a couple of hours.
Q: I see the text “The link that you have used to login is no longer valid” on the log-in screen. What do I do?
- Go to https://pshsa.litmos.com and log in with your user name and password.
- If you do not remember your password or do not remember creating one, click the ‘I’ve forgotten my username/password’ link below the Login button to create a new one.
Q: What type of payment do you accept?
We accept the following methods of payment:
- VISA Credit/VISA Debit
- MC Credit/MC Debit
- American Express
- Cheque payment
Q: I can’t find the link to the course (after initial login).
- Go to the following URL link: https://pshsa.litmos.com/account/Login
- It is recommended that you save the site in your favourites, in case you want to go back later.
- Your username is your email address. If you cannot remember your password, you can reset it at the login page by clicking ‘I’ve forgotten my username/password’.
Q: I purchased a course for another employee to take. It appears that I do not get notified when that email goes to the employee.
- An email will only be sent to whatever email is entered for the employee.
Q: Is there a timeline for the course to be completed in?
- No, there is no timeline. The course will never expire and they can go back and review the material even after they have completed the course if they want to.
Q: If I have to log out, will I be able to pick up where I left off later?
- If you log out, your place will be “bookmarked” so when you can log back in later, you will have the option to start where they left off, or start at the beginning.
Q: I have forgotten my username.
- Your usernames is the email address that was entered when you registered.
Q: The program did not accept my password.
- The only restriction on passwords is that they must be at least 6 characters long. If a user creates a password that is not long enough, the system will prompt them to enter another one.
Q: I have forgotten my password.
- On the logon page (https://pshsa.litmos.com/account/Login), click on “I’ve forgotten my username/password” link beneath the Login button.
- You will be taken to a “Password recovery” screen. You must enter your username (email address) and click the “Continue” button.
- You will be taken to another page that says “Success” and tells you that an email has been sent to you, containing a password reset link.
- Within seconds, you should receive an email.
- When you click on the link in the email, you will automatically be logged into our learning management system and will be asked to enter and confirm a password of your choice (password must be at least 6 characters in length). When done, click the “Done” button at the bottom.
- You can check the “Remember me on this computer” checkbox on the login page so you won’t have to remember your password in the future.
Q: When I tried to start the course, the pop-up blocker in my browser prevented the course from opening.
(We will use Firefox for this example. Other browsers work in a similar way.)
- There is a “Launch Course” button on the web page that opens when pop-up blockers are preventing the course from opening. Clicking this button should allow the course to open. If it doesn’t, then follow these instructions:
- Click on the “Options” button at the top right corner of the browser and select “Edit Pop-up Blocker Options” from the list.
- litmos.com should already be entered as the address, but if not, enter it in the Allowed Sites dialog box.
- Click the “Allow” button and then the “Close” button.
- Course is launched in a new window.
Q: Can I retake the course?
- Yes, you can.
- Go to the Course Library tab.
- Click on the course title. This opens up the Module page.
- Click on the module name.
- A new window opens advising you that “This module has been previously completed. Do you want to start over with this module?”
- Click the “Start Over” button.
- The course opens.
- You have the option of starting where you left off (which would be at the results slide of the quiz), or starting over.
Q: How do I get my certificate?
- After you have completed the course, your certificate will be available for download. You will find a button on your Achievements tab to the right of the course.
- On the Achievements tab, click the blue “download my certificate” link next to the course title, or:
- On the Course Library tab, click on the course title. This opens the Modules page. Click on the blue “Download my certificate” link on the right hand side.
- Select “Open with” Adobe Reader in the dialog box that opens.
- You can save it later if you want to, in PDF format.
- If you haven’t taken the survey, your certificate will not be available. Please complete the survey and then follow the steps above.
- Certificates can be downloaded more than once.