By completing this eLearning module, Board members will better understand their OHSA obligations and the penalties for non-compliance. Board members will also be introduced to the idea of health and safety as one of many critical organizational risks that must be managed and mitigated through formal oversight and demonstrable due diligence. This module encourages Board members to improve the quality of their own organizations’ health and safety, calling upon the learner to identify specific, Board-level actions required for positive change. A 10-question quiz at the end of the module allows Board members to self-assess their understanding of workplace health and safety stewardship.
By the end of this eLearning module, you will be able to:
- Identify health and safety as business risks that need to be managed along with all others
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of board members and other workplace parties under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Describe the Internal Responsibility System
- Summarize due diligence requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Apply knowledge of Board member health and safety obligations in a common scenario case study
- Identify ways that Boards can support workers in Ontario
This training is suitable for all sectors.
This course is also available to upload onto your own Learning Management System. For more information, please contact email@example.com.