PSHSA has recognized not only the prevalence but also the impact of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) on the workplace. In providing this unique offering, this course serves as a foundation for those individuals and organizations who are looking to create awareness and a common understanding throughout their organizations and family members.
In addition to understanding signs and symptoms and risk factors for PTSD this course also provides important information on:
- How having PTSD may impact how someone may react at work
- Understand common triggers for PTSD
- Highlights how stigma can impact someone who is experiencing PTSD
- Reinforces the importance of early treatment
- Steps that workers or supervisors can take to talk to someone who is showing signs of PTSD
- Techniques that can be used to manage stress, manage signs and symptoms and take care of yourself
Who should take this program?
This program is ideal for organizations and individuals who are looking for evidence-based information to support PTSD Prevention Plan implementation. It also serves as a course that can be taken by everyone within an organization to create awareness and build a common understanding within their organization.